RE: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)

To: "'MG '" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:26:57 -0400
Our respective MG and Triumph clubs here in Atlanta take our rivalry VERY
seriously. It gives us great pleasure to whip the other's rearend in our
bowling meets. I also think we have a dart (the pointed kind, ot the ones
from Dodge) competition coming up so I'm sure some sharp barbs will be
flying between the 2 groups. Other than that we get along great. Each has a
standing invitation to the others activities and both marguees are well
represented .

I like so many different cars that I've lost count. I've personally owned a
BMW 320i, an Audi Quattro, a Buick Century, several Chevys cars, trucks and
SUVs (some I loved and some I hated), a VW bug (fire engin red!!!), I've
driven a porsche 911, a Fiat spider, several Opals (makes not sold in the
USA) some other unique makes and models like a Citroen and a East German car
I forget the name of. I've also driven Armor Personnel Carriers, an M1
Abrahms and a Soviet T72 tank. Oh... I've also owned 2 MGBs and a Craftsman
Lawnmower (top always down when crusing the yard :-)

Some of these I wished I had back in the garage and some I wish I'd never
had. As for which I like best? Lets just say they are all unique and some
would come in handy at different times. Like the M1 would be great to have
in the Atlanta traffic!

I guess I'm just a car lover with multiple tastes. Now if I could just
figure out how to fix the darn things.....

Greg

> I know of the rivalry between MG and Triumph and find it all
> a joke in this
> day and age!
>
> IMHO most Car Clubs support each other and the rivalry is
> just friendly
> banter.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list