Functioning heater controls?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Functioning heater controls?
From: "Scott Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 20:16:26 -0400
Ok, is it just me, or does anyone else not have a functioning heater control
on their MGB?  I've got a 73 MGB and no matter what I seem to do, I
cant get the blasted heater dial to actually work.

The control itself is fine, devoid of petrified grease and assorted rodent
droppings.  It turns freely and clicks into the stops on either end with
ease.
The cable and heater valve are both new.  The cable slides smoothly inside
the sheath.  The valve action is smooth, and stays closed once snapped shut.
I've got the cable sheath firmly clamped at both ends and the slack removed.

I've tried adjusting with the valve and dial fully open and fully closed,
but I
dont get full range of travel with either.  The best setting seems to be
with
the valve/ dial position fully open; but with the dial in the "off"
position, the
valve doesn't close... it is sort of there, but not snapped shut.

I spent the better part of a Saturday morning fiddling with this damn thing.
Am I doing something wrong here or is this just how it is supposed to be?

List, please enlighten me.

--Scott

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list