Re: Functioning heater controls?

To: HowerSL@worldnet.att.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Functioning heater controls?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 10:55:20 EDT
HowerSL@worldnet.att.net writes:

> The cable and heater valve are both new.  The cable slides smoothly inside
> the sheath.  The valve action is smooth, and stays closed once snapped shut.
> I've got the cable sheath firmly clamped at both ends and the slack removed.
>
> I've tried adjusting with the valve and dial fully open and fully closed,
> but I
> dont get full range of travel with either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would suspect the heater valve.  If you still have the old valve, mount it
in place (you don't have to connect the hoses for this test) and see if it
opens and closes fully.  If it works, the new valve is not right, send it
back.  You addressed the loose/slipping cable, which would have been my first
instinct.

Or you could just buy a Midget and be done with it!  Open the bonnet and work
the valve directly.  The heater in the Midget you sold me works fine!  (And
I'm still very happy with the car!)

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget (formerly Scott's)