RE: Functioning heater controls?

To: williem@mindspring.com, HowerSL@worldnet.att.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Functioning heater controls?
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 02:52:03 -0400
My impression is, that the amount of cable travel made by the control and
cable do not match with the expected travel of the valve pivot.

2nd - this nasty valve has been discussed before - seems to be a poor
quality issue - even rather new ones do not seem to close fully. Not to bad
for a B, but GT drivers really will sweat heavily in summertime.

The suggestion to add an extra valve in series with the normal one which can
be closed fully in winter time is the best suggestion I've seen sofar.

Cheers,

Hans

Hot interior in summertime '71 BGT - autumn now here already