Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?

To: Dave Wood <dwood143@home.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:40:58 -0700
Good suggestion, but we thought of that. As part of the prep I had removed
the distributor and disassembled it to clean & lube the mechanical advance
weights and springs. And Gary checked the vac advance with a vacuum gauge
and hand pump. Furthermore, watching the timing mark while Gary revved the
engine, the mark seemed to advance correctly (although there are no pointers
in that range) by around 20-30 degrees total.

Thanks for the response.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149