Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:40:21 -0700
Thanks for your input. The deal with the timing marks is this: when you
stick your head under the front bumper and look at the timing marks, how
many pointers do you see? From the manual it looks like there should be 4 --
a larger one for TDC, and then 5, 10, and 15 degrees advanced.

On this car, you can only see one pointer -- the very tip of the one at TDC.
The other three are too short to protrude beyond the circumference of the
balancer pulley. You can't get your head far enough back to be able to see
them at all -- the cross member prevents you from viewing them from directly
below. That is what I was puzzled about. It didn't seem that this could be
the way it was designed.

Max

--

Max Heim