Report from DC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Report from DC
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:39:02 EDT
I was in my downtown DC office when we heard about the NY Trade Center.  As
we watched on TV, I thought, "gee, I wonder why two airplanes for NYC and
none for DC?"  I found out several minutes later.  We kept looking nervously
toward the sky in the direction of the Capitol, and were relieved to see no
smoke there.  Several minutes later we left DC on the Metro, watching the
smoke from the Pentagon drift to the southeast.
Oddly, I thought, the people on the Metro looked...ordinary, as if this was
just another day done.  Enroute, an Arabic-looking gent saw us looking at the
smoke and asked what had happened.  When I told him he was incredulous, then
told me how he used to work in a US embassy that got bombed.  He said he had
just gone to the basement to get something when the bomb went off and killed
22 of his friends.  "They must be following me," he said.

Jay Donoghue

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list