Re: Is the 1965 MGB the best year made?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is the 1965 MGB the best year made?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 18:33:42 -0700
Hmm, that's a little bit of an odd proposition, in that I can't think of any
real differences between a 65 and a 66. Unless it's an early 65 with pull
handles, but I don't think of that as a particular advantage, just kind of a
neat vintage touch.

I would think that it's scarcely worth discriminating between Mark I chrome
bumper cars (62-67). But I must admit that these are definitely my
preference.

I don't have any problem with later chrome bumper cars, really, just the
dashes are not as classically simple, and you have to deal with the smog
stuff.

Personally, I find the combination of rubber bumpers, "highboy" ride,
plastic-y interiors, and detuned, single carb engines to be a major
deterrent to considering an RB car. But I know many enjoy them, and they
have the advantage of being as much as 18 years newer. And still offer top
down motoring enjoyment, of course.

As for your question, I don't think it would be "easy", but I suppose you
could add a supercharger. I know the subject has been batted around a bit
lately. And I have seen the topic of dressing up the rubber bumpers come up
several times. It might be in the archives.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///