question about burnt wires

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: question about burnt wires
From: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:20:50 -0700
Hi

this is about the 79 MGB that has the blown engine now,  the wire  that use
to connect to the distributor, and another that connected to the heater
assembly are burnt to a crisp, from the fire that was in the engine,
question is do you think this will have destroyed the distributor? or any
other electrical parts that were connected to wires that burned?  The car
engine died as soon as it got the whole inside the block,  I am asking
because I am contemplating just how much I am going to have to budget for to
put in a new engine.  and anything else that is destroyed under the Bonnet.
Oh and for those of you that have done this before what type of
modifications have you done to improve your vehicles performance when
swapping out engines etc..  I am pretty sure my husband will want to change
the single zenith to a Weber or the dual SU's, which means changing the
manifold etc..  We figure basically since we have to start from square one
and everything will be taken out it would be good to try and fix and replace
as much as we can and make this a really strong daily driver, we will also
be checking out the transmission and clutch and doing anything that needs
done on that too.  Another question when you change engines your engine #
changes does this effect anything with the DMV? and do you have to supply
paper work etc.. to them for this?  I know all of this may sound like I
don't know what I am talking about that is probably because I don't, my
husband fixes everything and asks what he is using to pay for it!  My job is
ordering parts, DMV and finding the money<LOL>  Anyway I know this is going
to be expensive and I am just thinking ahead of time so I have a ball park
idea on what it will cost.

Thanks

Lisa Ann

///