Re: Distributor vacuum advance question - MGA

To: MGALUVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Distributor vacuum advance question - MGA
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 23:38:35 -0600
At 08:16 PM 1/3/02 -0500, MGALUVR@aol.com wrote:
>I am just getting around to putting the distributor/carb vacuum advance
>line on my MGA engine. .... should the end that goes to the carbs be
>connected to the front or back SU?  Or does it make any difference?

Assuming your carbs are in the correct configuration, the line attaches to
the underside of the venturie on the rear carb.  The line should also have
a fuel separater bulb (about the size of the first two joints of your
finger) which should have a small bracket that will attach to the rear
exhaust manifold bolt.  The bulb should be positioned vertically with the
carburetor end down and the distributor end up, so that separated fuel can
run back towards the carb.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg