Re: The Missing word.(is Magnette)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Missing word.(is Magnette)
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:22:23 -0600
Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:

>  I believe this badge was lifted off of an MG Magnette. Check it out... M
> --"agne"-- tte or if you really want to delve into the wonderful world of the
> terrific MG 4-door Saloon just go to: >> http://www.mgmagnette.com/<< These
> absolutely marvelous little cars had a lot of the same appointments of say,
> The MG Princess which is a Limosine type of car that we know more commanly as
> a "London Taxi" I know these are bold generalisations and I apologise for my
> exuberance, but i just go absolutely Ga-Gah over the MG Magenette wishing I
> had a little 1955 -58 one myself. Hey I'll pay up to $4000 (my whole
> bankroll!) for one.

Albert Escalante, 1978 MGB (trade it for Magnette)

In later years, the MG Magnette badge was resident on tricked-up
Austin Americas. I once bought one from the local salvage for $200,
but eventually let it go back to them, since I wasn't successful in
getting it titled properly.

I have regretted that ever since, especially now that I have Minis
again, since the power unit will easily fit in a Mini.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm