Re: Engine Run-0n

To: "Smitty" <smitty29832@msn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Run-0n
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:56:18 -0500
Yeh, my A did the same thing.  There are a number of cures (are there
archives yet?).  Only thing I could find to solve it without dismantling
anything was to mix in 2 gal of 110 octane racing fuel with 93 octane in my
10 gal tank.  I do this every few tanks, using 93 octane (r+m/2 method?) the
remainder.
Works for me.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB

> My '70B engine always runs-on each time I shut if off so in order to stop
it I
> have to engage the clutch while the car is in gear.  This is really
getting
> old and I'm wondering if it's a common problem with older vehicles such as
> this and/or if there is an inexpensive cure.  One of the local mechanics
told
> me to just use premium gasoline and eventually it will correct itself.
I've
> been doing that for quite some time now and there is no change.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated as this is really annoying.  Thanks
> everyone!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///