Re: Engine Run-0n

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Run-0n
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:09:12 -0800
I don't think there were anti-run-on valves in 70s, so I'd check the
timing first and also torque down the intake & exhaust manifolds to
spec - I seem to recall air leaks can cause run-on.

Run-on is not normal unless you've been running your car EXTREMELY hard.

I suppose it could possible be super-heater carbon deposits in the head
causing the run-on, but if you've been running premium and it hasn't
helped I don't think that's it.  SeaFoam is a good product for cleaning
deposits if you wanna try that too (put it in your gas or down the carb
throat).

Bad timing is my guess.

Skye
66 B

Word on the street is that Smitty said:
> My '70B engine always runs-on each time I shut if off so in order to stop it I
> have to engage the clutch while the car is in gear.  This is really getting
> old and I'm wondering if it's a common problem with older vehicles such as
> this and/or if there is an inexpensive cure.  One of the local mechanics told
> me to just use premium gasoline and eventually it will correct itself.  I've
> been doing that for quite some time now and there is no change.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated as this is really annoying.  Thanks
> everyone!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///