Re: leaf springs

To: <martens@auditor.sk.ca>, <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: leaf springs
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:01:11 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: <martens@auditor.sk.ca>
To: <dcouncil@imt.net>; <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 10:20 AM

> Anything I missed?
>
> Andrew
> 1973 mgb

You may want to double nut the axle u-bolt once properly torqued. Even
though I used new hardware and nylock nuts, I had a nasty torque steer
problem that kept reoccuring until I did this .

Also, retorque after several hundred miles as things will settle over time.
After the second retorque, I added a stack of 3 or so washers under the nut
to compensate for any u-bolt streching that may of occurred and in order not
to run out of threads (probably didn't need to but it couldn't hurt).

Good luck and keep us posted on how it works out...

Jeff
'70B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list