Re: leaf springs

To: "David Councill" <dcouncil@imt.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: leaf springs
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:41:32 -0000
Can't remember where in the world you are, but many people replacing springs
in North America have problems with the rears being too high afterwards,
sometimes being so stiff that they cannot compress them enough using just
the weight of the rear body to get the rear shackles located or the axle
straps replaced - re which replace at the same time as the springs, and
replace both rear springs.

Coating with Waxoyl will protect, lubricate and not affect rubber.

You might like to consult the straw poll of owners ride heights, part
numbers and other stuff on the web site below - select 'Spanners' and 'Ride
Height'.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk