Re: Kick Panel, quick question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Kick Panel, quick question
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:08:24 -0800
Hmm, I can't answer your question off the top of my head... the
vinyl-covered panel is held on by trim screws, but what's behind it I don't
know. I would expect an inner unibody panel with some access holes, not a
bolt-in panel. Couldn't find anything on it it in the manual, which tends to
confirm my suspicion...

...but that reminded me -- my 66 B already has door switches, which
surprised me -- AFAIK the roadster didn't have any courtesy lights, so why
the switches? They are very tidy and original looking, although they were
oversprayed at one point, which might hide some telltale details. They don't
seem to be hooked up to anything, at any rate.

Thinking about your problem, what kind of door switches would make you bolt
them on from the back? That seems to call for a pretty unlikely amount of
access on any vehicle. I suppose if all else fails you could mount them IN
the doors -- it would work the same way, with some additional wire routing.

[Frankly, I think car alarms are a waste of time, and an unnecessary
intrusion on the neighbors. But you would have a better sense of what kind
of neighborhood you live in, so...]

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149