RE: Kick Panel, quick question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Kick Panel, quick question
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 10:17:02 -0800
Now this one, got me thinking... Although there are no holes in the kick
panel that I can get to the back of the switch through, there are a couple
of slots very near the A post about and inch high and 1/4 of an inch wide...

I should be able to drill a hole in the a post for the switch, fiddle the
wire through the slot, out the hole, connect it to the back of the switch,
slid the switch into the hole drilled for it, and fashion a metal strap that
screws in from the front to hold the switch in place, like the originals...

My car (original sold in Canada in late 1969) definitely doesn't have any ,
nor can I see where they could have been, factory door switches...

I'll try that and let ya know how it goes.

Thanks very much everyone for the info...

Wil.