Re: spring compressor

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spring compressor
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:07:53 -0700
At 03:01 PM 2/10/2002 +0000, paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:
>Once you have removed the shock-absorber, or either the top or bottom bolt,
>just push the spring pan down and you should be able to pull the spring out.

And despite my skepticism,  Paul was quite correct. Of course, it helped
that the sway bar and steering column were also removed. Getting it back
together was a different matter - I used a  spring compressor on one side
of the spring  and a jack on the opposing side under the spring pan to
finally edge it back up to the shock. That was on the passenger side on
Sunday. I'll do the other side next weekend.

David

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///