RE: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid
From: "Denise Thorpe" <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 22:32:16 -0500
Ben Ruset asked:

> Is the Stag's engine the same one that can drop into the later model B
> without too much hassle?

Back when I was a mechanic at MG/Triumph dealerships ('79-'80, uh-oh, I'm
giving away my age) there was as joke that asked:  'What's the only car
that has a worse engine than a TR7?'  Answer: 'The Triumph Stag.'  'How
much worse?'  'Twice as bad.'  The Stag V8 is two TR7 slant 4's put
together and you've heard about those!  Not to mention that the distributor
is under the intake manifold and the timing belt pulleys wear flat.

Denise

--- Denise Thorpe
--- xyzabcde@earthlink.n

///