Re: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Stag / MGB Hybrid
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 10:18:14 +1030
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 05/03/02 3:13:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:
>
> > Just to really confuse 'em, let's throw the Daimler 2.5 V8 into the mix...
> >

> As for the TR-7 engine - why not play around with the Saab version,
> especially the turbo - that would make an MGB move out. Of course it would
> still be an MGB, instead of something really interesting like an MGA......:-)

Urrrk.

While we are exploring how far we can go and still pretend to call the
car MG...

The fastest bugeye Sprite on our track (and 'almost' the fastest car out
there - he is now getting beaten by one other) bears some resemblance to
a Sprite and even gets called a Sprite MkII.  But...

It is super lightened.  Runs very wide slick tyres.  And is powered by a
turbocharged Mazda rotary engine.

Check it out here and tell me if it is like many Sprites you know.

http://reality.exsgi.org/mg/ahsdc/home.htm

The video's were taken at the Sprite National Meeting held last year in
my State of South Australia and even feature a few great movies of
sometime list member Mike Gigante in his Midget.  You can see a few runs
of what we call a motorkhana.

Enjoy!

--
Eric