Re: Better Cooling

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Better Cooling
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:15:23 -0600
    I  remember sitting in on a tech session at MG-96  in Indy., that was
headed by the lists own Valerie Stabenow.  The  discussion was about
antifreezes etc. and the point was made that antifreeze needs the minerals
in plain tap water to be efficient and distilled water does not have the
appropriate minerals in it.   I've always kept that in the back of my mind
but never inquired else where about it.
    Would you care to expand on that point Valerie?  Are you out there?

Mark

> In addition, lets not forget the anti-corrosive properties of antifreeze
and
> you should be using only DISTILLED water in your cooling systems!  I'm a
> major prick about this, but all those mineral deposits that form and block
> your coolant passages are a result of DPOs using regular tap water of
> various qualities.  Kind of defeats the purpose of better cooling if half

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///