Clutch slipping...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch slipping...
From: "Jon Lind" <dtjon@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 21:27:25 -0700
Howdy.  It's been a while since I've been on.  I'm having a problem with my
clutch.  About 2 years, though only 3000 miles, ago I paid a guy to replace
the clutch on my MGB.  When I picked it up he assured me that it was normal
that the clutch engaged at the very end of the clutch lever's travel.  Just
as you release the lever it would finally engage.  I suspected at the time
this wasn't correct, but what could I say?  It worked and it's not
adjustable.

Recently the clutch started slipping when it was warm.  Finally, on Friday,
it started slipping so badly that I could barely drive it home.  What could
cause this?  The fluid has been replaced several times.  Even if the slave
or master were bad (they shouldn't be, but you know how that goes) it would
seem that it would cause it to no longer disengage, but if everything else
failed it would always engage.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?  Thanks guys.