RE: Clutch slipping...

To: "'Jon Lind'" <dtjon@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch slipping...
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:59:34 -0700
First thing to do is check the travel of the rod that comes out of the
slave cylinder.  Have your wife push the clutch pedal, and you look to
see how much travel there is in the rod.  There should be at least 1/2".
If there is, you don't have a fluid problem, a cylinder problem, or a
mechanical pedal problem (oval holes, etc).  The problem is AFTER the
slave cylinder.  That leaves the rod itself, the throw out bearing yoke
and or pin, the throw out bearing, the clutch plate, or the clutch
cover.  Check the easy stuff first ... the rod and its pin. Good luck.

Larry Hoy

Just
> as you release the lever it would finally engage.  I suspected at the
time
> this wasn't correct, but what could I say?  It worked and it's not
adjustable.

> Recently the clutch started slipping when it was warm.  Finally, on
Friday,