Re: Dying a highway speeds

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dying a highway speeds
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:37:55 -0400
Larry,
Make sure the vent system to the gas tank is working properly. If it is
plugged, the fuel pump will create a vacuum in the tank to the point that
no fuel will be delivered. Essentially running out of gas even with a
full tank. If you remove the gas cap during the occurrence of this
problem you may hear air rushing into the tank. The steel line running
forward to the charcoal canister has a habit of rusting solid on these
cars.
Steve Bettencourt
http://www.bmcne.com
webmaster@bmcne.com