Re: Maaco Paint Job

To: larryhoy@marketvalue.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maaco Paint Job
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:23:58 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/02 11:53:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryhoy@marketvalue.net writes:

<< The body work is another issue.  They only have
 one level...poor.  That has been my experience.

 Rick, you're right ... I know that in the Denver area there are several
 Maacos, they are all privately owned and each has a different level of
 quality. >>

I had my '66 Mustang done at a local MAACO last year.  My car was a mess,
paint-wise, cracking, peeling, a little rust here and there.  It needed to be
generally stripped to the metal and started over.  I paid $1700.  Considering
the work done, I feel it was good value.  From a few feet away it looks
great.

I agree that the skill level from one shop to another is quite variable.

One other point...I asked if they took off the trim for the job and they
said, "sure."  Well, they took off a few pieces, then semi-taped and masked
the rest.  If I had just removed the trim myself it would have been a better
job and I wouldn't have had to remove all the darn overspray that got on some
of the trim.  I think I'll have them spray the B-GT, but the bumpers and all
the trim are coming off and staying here, and I'll do more prep work on the
body here, too.

Jay Donoghue
66 Mustang
72 B-GT