Re: Maaco Paint Job

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maaco Paint Job
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:14:18 EDT
In a message dated 5/9/02 11:37:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, dcouncil@imt.net
writes:

> I took my 67BGT with fading BRG paint in to the local Maaco for an
> estimate. Their cheap paint jobs are just for the painting itself. To do
> the job right, they wanted another $800 for prep work as I recall. They
> gave me a quote of around $1500 to fix a few small dents, prep the car, and
>
> paint it. So even with Maaco, you get what you pay for.

That's exactly my point.  If you don't feel confident shooting paint, do the
prep work yourself and save the bucks.  They are probably going to do a
half-a$$ job anyway.  I'm sure they will mask the windscreen to within a
quarter-inch of the frame...one way or the other.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"