Re: easy question?

To: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@mgcars.org.uk>, <ATWEDITOR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: easy question?
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:45:11 +0200
That's why in the Netherlands VIN numbers are fine on the plates which are
riveted, but for getting the car registered and have the car pass the annual
safety check (MOT for UK - APK overhere) the only accepted VIN by the
inspector is the one which is stamped directly onto (or into) the car's body
or if there's a separate chassis onto the chassis...

As my GT had been sprayed, the original number in the gutter of the rear
hatch is hardly visible and every year the inspector needs help.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT which passed the MOT this week with flying colors and fit for
another year!