Re:Re: Front License Plates

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re:Re: Front License Plates
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:17:16 GMT
Charles,

You've got to find your own.  There is usually someone selling them at the swap
meets or check Hemmings.  It is getting harder to find ones in good condition,
although occasionally you can find non-issued ones in mint shape.  Expect to
pay $40 to $60 for a pair, depending upon condition.  You can find the
paperwork on the TX DOT website.  You have to bounce between your county auto
registration office and a local TX DOT office.  The TX DOT office has to
"approve" them.  I think all they are looking for is that they are in decent
shape.  They then send a metal tab back to the county that is your evidence of
registration.  The tab is supposed to be screwed onto your rear plate.

David.