Re: water pump

To: MonteMorris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: water pump
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:27:32 -0500
  Hi Monte,

   I really don't think that the metal that the housing's made of means
much relative to reliability.  What counts is the bearing surfaces,
etc.  Perhaps the Moss rebuilds (?) are from a quality rebuilder.  Maybe
they're new. (?)  Kelvin will say, I hope.

  In any event, I paid a bundle for a replacement water pump for my B
when it sprang a leak at the Salado, TX, Y2K GOF.  It has an aluminum
housing and has hung in there so far.  So, my take is, It ain't the
housing, it's the builder!"

  Cheers,

  CR