Re: Road and Track - negative camber

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road and Track - negative camber
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:35:38 -0400
In a message dated Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:33:30 +0930, eric@erickson.on.net writes:

> Being only a wannabe racer in a wannabe racecar my thoughts were that
> negative-camber A-arms etc were further down the track in my car
> development and that they would not be the right thing to do for a car
> that is driven daily (mostly).  I thought tipping the tyres
> out like
> that would promote wear on one side of the tyre.

I just installed the negative-camber A-arms with the nylatron bushings upon
recommendation from a favorite Moss supplier.  The difference is significant.
Turn-in and handling have been greatly improved.  I have put about 1,000 miles
on the setup and haven't noticed any unusual wear on the tires (Goodyear
Weatherhandler LS 185/76/R14).  Make sure you adjust the toe-in when you
replace the A-arms.  I have the spax front shock kit (previously installed),
and am trying to save for the rear kit as well.

I don't race my car, but I do participate in "spirited" driving on occasion.

Any other listers who have tried the negative-camber A-arms?  What have been
your results?

Steve Sanchez
1977 MGB