RE: New MGB

To: "'Kevin Shertz'" <kshertz@bellatlantic.net>,
Subject: RE: New MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:38:47 -0700
> Bah!! I loved my chrome-bumpered '74 Midget and I love my
> rubber-bumpered
> '80 MGB.  Both make me smile, and both turn heads when I go
> down the road...
> isn't that the whole point of owning one?
>
> If not, I've been misinformed from day one...

Kevin:

Thank you for making me smile.  Yes, the whole point of owning these cars is
enjoyment.  They are not the fastest, or the best handling etc. etc.  But
darn it, you can't get a better value in smiles per mile.  Whether the car
has rubber bumpers, roll up windows, engine in the trunk, floppy fenders or
a snorting V8.  MGs were designed primarily to be fun.

I think that is why I like to be around the owners, enough to make a career
of it.

Kelvin.