Re: I don't know jack(ing)

To: "Tim Baxter" <baxter@gretschpages.com>,
Subject: Re: I don't know jack(ing)
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:16:15 +0100
You jest, they are taking all the weight and force of that corner when
crashing over bumps!

I would never jack under the chassis rails, there is nothing for the jack to
'lock on' to unlike the rear edge of the cross-member and because the angles
and distances change as you raise the car you always get some movement and I
would hate that to turn into a major slippage.

Can't remember if this has been mentioned yet, but as always wherever you
jack it is only a prelude to placing axle stands before working underneath.