RE: I don't know jack(ing)

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: RE: I don't know jack(ing)
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 23:40:28 -0300
At 04:15 PM 10/23/02 -0700, Dodd, Kelvin wrote:
>Don:

>      SNIP

>Good suggestion on locating the jack pad tongue on the front cross member,
>I've never actually lost one, but have sold lots of late model radiators to
>mechanics who have.
>

>Kelvin.

   This is very true !  My 80 B was damaged in just such a fashion at a
classic car repair & restoration garage that SHOULD have known better.  I
was not happy.

   My advice is not to use the cross member to jack up the car.  A better
idea might be to jack each side under the "A" arms of the front suspension.

Gene Balinski
80 B (with a new radiator)