Re: de-chroming

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: de-chroming
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:05:44 -0700
At 06:11 PM 12/12/2002 -0600, MonteMorris wrote:
>  Has anyone removed the whole windshield without
>taking out the dash?

Monte,

I did. There are four bolts involved with two being somewhat difficult to
access. They are much easier to access with  the dash off, but I didn't
realize that until I took the dash off after the windshield was
removed.  Its no big deal on the removal to do it with or without the dash
in place. But its wiser to put the windshield on while the dash is off -
putting it on and lining up the bolts will be most challenging either way.

One of my mistakes in my 72B was in not removing the dash. I did remove the
top bolts and pulled it away from the metal cowling (or whatever the term
is) to make the painting easier. But after I got the car back from the body
shop I decided to go ahead and replace the wiring harness. That is when I
realized that removing the dash really wasn't that big of a deal and I
should have done it to begin with.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B