Re: de-chroming

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: de-chroming
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:25:34 -0500
I sent this before, but it never made it to the list because I forgot to
delete the trailer.

I think my question has been answered by replies to Monte's post, with
the possible exception of the question on being able to "partially"
remove the dash without removing all the gauges.

My guess is that it's not possible or not much help since no one has
mentioned it. But I thought I would ask anyway.

Thanks,

My original post that never made it.....

I have the same question.

I would like to replace the rubber molding under the windshield when
the car is repainted and would like to remove/raise the windshield w/o
removing the dash.

I understand this is possible, but I think Lindsay Porter said it was
easier to remove the dash first. If that is true, do all the gauges have
to be removed, or can I "sort of" remove/loosen the dash with the gauges
still in it -- just enough so I can better get at the windshield post
bolts.

The seats will be out because I need new floors. Maybe it will make
things easier.

Don Malling