Re: Not LBC, but related to MG email lists and the internet

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not LBC, but related to MG email lists and the internet
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:14:55 -0800 (PST)
Bob D. SEZ -
> Text thrift may indeed be a virtue, but in this day of mpeg, jpeg, streaming
> video, mp3, internet radio and multi-gigabyte hard drives; our puny little
> emails must be a drop in the proverbial bit-bucket. (My wife is on several
> lists that allow jpeg file attachments/inserts.)  Does autox.team.net really
> need to be so frugal? Perhaps the server, this list is on, has severe
> storage limitations.   (Just a comment, please don't take it as flame bait.)

It's not frugality, it's common courtesy.  It's rude to broadcast
binary files on a mailing list.  If you have something to share,
put it on a web site and mail the URL.  Converseley, offer to mail
it to those interested.  Today HTML, tomorrow jpegs, can Microslop
Wurd documents be far behind?!  autox.team.net has a responsible
and proper policy.  Here's to them!

--
David Breneman                   | "Before there were CDs there were
Distributed Systems S/W Analyst  |  records, and before there were