Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>, Tim Holt <holtt@nacse.org>,
Subject: Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:37:05 -0700 (PDT)
--- Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com> wrote:
> At 09:54 AM 7/10/03 -0700, Tim Holt wrote:
> >...what would you put in it? ....
>
> See the "Survival Kit":
> http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/tools/toolbox1.htm
>
> It fits in a small tackle box, but contains enough
> tools to disassemble and
> reassemble the whole MGA.  I know it's true, because
> the 12" adjustable
> wrench was added when I had to R&R a crankshaft in a
> motel parking
> lot.

Barney, I agree with you all the way!!!!  I once had
to R@R a carrier bering in the rearend of my B
roadster in a parking lot in Memphis,TN. I carry a 1/2
in socket set, a 3/8 in socket set and a small tackle
box FULL of spanners,screwdrivers, etc..etc..etc..I
also carry a small 2 1/4 ton hydraulic floor jack that
fits neatly behind the spare tire.  I can R@R anything
on my roadster anywhere.
Howard
1974 Bgt