Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

Subject: Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:45:39 -0700
On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 07:13  PM, Howard gentry wrote:

>      never had a cell phone..i suppose they are for
> those who don,t or can not trust their abilities to
> "get by" in odd situations..no offence meant to
> anyone..I have been over 200,000 miles in several
> different MG's on two continents..never needed one..
> maybe some day I will..but I doubt it..Go with what
> you know..cell phone..or what you know to be..lol
> yours, Howard

I carry one for 2 reasons:

1.  To tell the person that is waiting for me at the end of the trip
that I will not arrive at the expected time.  For example, Pullman WA
to my parent's home is 5-6 hours in the straight and boring way, 7-12
via a more exciting route.  If something goes wrong, I call ahead to
say "I will be late," out of courtesy more than anything.  This of
course includes bad planning (like getting lost in Portland for
example).

2.  A call for help.  I admit it, I had to do this too (damn you
Vantage hill!).

That said, my collection of rolling replacement parts and tools is
growing.

--
Aaron
'75 B