RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@MGAguru.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:58:38 -0500

And at 08:54 AM 7/11/03 -0700, Larry Colen wrote:
>The ultimate space efficient toolbox:
>
>Cellphone
>AAA-plus membership card (100 miles free towing)

Actually I did mention both of these, and casually recommend against
posession of either one of them, as they would lead to delay while waiting
for assistance.  Best if you just fix the problem yourself and drive on,
which is the original idea of carrying the tool kit.

And then at 04:29 PM 7/11/03 -0500, Charles Robinson wrote:
>You left out the gasket goo.

Thanks for the reminder.  I put that on my list of things to carry on the
real road trips, more than 1000 miles, when I carry some parts, including
gaskets.  But occasionally it resides in the basic travel kit, just because
it's small and I don't bother to take it out.  And it may also be an
emergency substitute for having no gasket.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com