Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:33:13 -0400
>  And I carry  a small tube of waterless hand cleaner.

> J Donoghue
> 72B-GT
> 66Mustang

Nitrile or Latex gloves are so cheap now that I typically carry 5-10 pairs
in my car, they take up almost no space and I prefer working with Nitrile
gloves whenever I am working on any vehicle.

For those who use their cars in the cold weather, I can not stress enough
about having a decent pair of insulated gloves.  The work gloves with the 3M
Thinsulate liners work well.  This past winter I was in the middle of a 400
mile trip home trying to beat the weather.  Roads started to get icy and
snow covered and I hit something which punctured my tire.  Two frozen hands
later I had changed the tire, but not after digging a spot out in the snow
to place the jack (which kept slipping out on the ice anyway) and also
dropping the lug nuts into the snow about 10 times.  Of course, since it was
a Sunday and I was in the middle of nowhere PA, there were no tire places
open until I got to Harrisburg.  Which is always my luck...

Kai