RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:23:29 -0500
>     Barney, if you ever have to use towing insurance to bring
> your RV in
> to the shop, you'll recoup the insurance cost in one fell
> swoop.  Now,
> on the B or my other cars, I've never personally had to have
> them come
> get me.  I've alway been able to get it going myself.  However, Peggy
> was on a solo trip a couple of years ago, when she had t get
> a tow near
> West Memphis.  It has been worth every penny.

And AAA Plus will tow any vehicle 100 miles.  Doesn't matter if it's one
I own, or with a friend.  As long as I've got my card with me, I'm
covered.  There are many situations when it's much more
convenient/sensible to have the vehicle back home or at a shop for
repair, whether it's comfort, tools, parts, or something that's too much
for a roadside repair.  And if it's my wife on the road, the thing can
get towed home where I can figure it out.

Not to mention the additional benefits available besides towing.

> > Oh yeah.  That was the meat of the value judgement of the
> cell phone.
> > Add another $2500 or so for the cost of the cell phone over
> the next 10
> > years, unless you think it's free because you already have
> it for other
> > reasons.
>
>     We use a Tracfone on the road.  There's no monthly charge

That's certainly an option as well.  I'd like to know how the $2500
figure over 10 years for the cell phone was calculated though....