RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: If you were designing your ultimate toolbox for the
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:07:28 -0400
<snip>

> And I still refuse to add either cell phone or AAA card to the tool list,
> neither of which has ever been a necessity since before they ever
> existed.  Those things don't fix cars, they just cause additional delay
> while you wait for someone else to come to do the fix which you should be
> doing yourself.  If you believe you have some other use for those items,
> that's fine, just don't try to call them repair tools.
>
> Barney Gaylord
> 1958 MGA with an attitude
> http://MGAguru.com

I still carry the cell phone, mainly if I run out of gas.  The gas guage is
not all that accurate and I once ran out @ 3 miles from home.  With the cell
phone I had my neighbor there much more quickly than hoofing it home and
returning with another car and a can of gas.
Agreed that the cell phone will not fix a car, but for the size/weight it
can stillbe valuable to carry.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA