Re: Tube Shock Conversion Kits

To: Bill Snyder <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Tube Shock Conversion Kits
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:11:42 -0600
My 72B had the tube shock conversion by the DPO. He went back to the stock
front shocks after one of the tube shocks failed and put a whole in the
firewall somehow. And I converted the rear shocks back to the original
design and gave the rear tube shock conversion parts to my son for his 65B
just because I wanted to stay original. Personally I did not see any
significant difference between the rear tube shocks and the rear lever
shocks in terms of performance. And the original rear lever shocks are very
durable - I can only recall having one go bad after twenty or so years of
use. Can the tube shock match that?

As far as jemery - I have bought two items from them so far with good
service. Parts were new, delivery was quick, and the price was good. So I
can vouch for them so far. I do have one regret - one item was a set of new
visors. Sure they were almost half of Moss price and they looked and worked
fine with the top off. But now with the top on, the header clips keep the
visors from clipping to the windshield. Is this typical? Are visors really
of any value on the roadster? I did get them more to make the car complete
but I'm now seriously thinking of taking them back off now that convertible
season is at or near its end.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B