Re: Tube Shock Conversion Kits

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tube Shock Conversion Kits
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:26:29 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/2003 5:02:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ATWEDITOR@aol.com writes:
Others on this list hold strong opinions that the tube shock
switch is a collasal waste of time.  There is a very good soure of
high-quality rebuilt lever-action shocks in Wisconsin, something like
Worldwide Parts,
if you choose to stay stock, not too much more expense than the tube
conversion
to replace both sides.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

For street use, a tube shock conversion is a waste of time and effort.  I am
sure that the conversion kit is more expensive than rebuilt levers from Peter
C. at World Wide Auto Parts in Madison, WI.  Contact Peter directly at
nosimport@mailbag.com and tell him what you are hearing.  He will tell you what
the
problem is and whether shox will help.

He is incredibly knowledgeable, very friendly, and always ready to help.  He
can set up shox for special purposes too.  Let him know how you drive.  You
won't be dissapointed.

Allen Hefner
Philadelphia Region SCCA RoadRally Chairman
'75 MG Midget (The Project)
'99 Ford Contour (2.5L 24v V6 SE Sport)
and my Mom's '85 Toyota Tercel in the driveway