RE: Why no MGs?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why no MGs?
From: "Richard Rivenbark" <rrivenbark@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:53:16 -0400
The new V8 saloon, the ZT260, actually uses the 4.6 modular V8 from Ford.
So emissions shouldn't be a problem for this particular model.  Crash
testing might be another story.  See the link on Piston Heads:
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=7350
I for one, would buy one in a heartbeat.  Then again most of us with the
sickness probably would :)

Tad R
Orlando, FL
69 MGC GT
74 RWA Midget

Max Heim wrote:
"I don't know if that is true regarding the saloons and estates. Presumably
they meet current EEC standards, which I would imagine are very close to US
standards at this time (unless they adopted the lowest common denominator;
i.e. the UK standards, rather than the strict German standards)."

---