Re: Why no MGs?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why no MGs?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:27:46 -0700
I don't know if that is true regarding the saloons and estates. Presumably
they meet current EEC standards, which I would imagine are very close to US
standards at this time (unless they adopted the lowest common denominator;
i.e. the UK standards, rather than the strict German standards). The MGF, as
an older design aimed at the UK standards, certainly was not adaptable to
NA, but the sedans are a generation newer, and presumably were targeted to a
world market from the get-go. That is, unless the designers were visionless
dunderheads, which given the history of British motor manufacturing cannot
be excluded as a possibility.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149