MGB Metal dash question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Metal dash question
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 06:43:59 -0800 (PST)
I have (yet another) question about the possible
retrofitting of an early metal dashboard to a later
MGB:

I know that just fitting an early dash is a lot of
work.  I also know that home-market MGBs kept the
metal dash longer, so in theory, fitting a later
right-hand-drive metal dash should be less work.  But
what about later "other market" MGBs?  Did MGBs from
the early 1970's bound for, say, France or Germany
have left hand drive metal dashboards that would bolt
right in?

Or did they just have two specification - "home
market" and "export"?

And Kevin, with all the constant resurfacing relating
to this string, have you guys ever thought of having a
metal dash conversion kit made?  Something that would
either allow the early metal dash to be bolted on to a
later car, or perhaps a complete new "late" metal
dash?  I can't imagine it would be THAT expensive to
have them made.  And if a complete metal dash
conversion could be had for under $1000 or so, I'd
think you'd get a decent amount of takers.

Or at least one  :-)

Thanks in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik