Re: MGB Metal dash question

To: David Breneman <idcb@airborne.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Metal dash question
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:58:34 -0500
The '68 Canadian MKII cars came with a metal dash. The European MKII
came with a metal dash until about 74 maybe? Not sure -- the early 70's
anyway.

So it's not so clear to me how it is a bastardization.

What is your opinion of putting a Moss supercharger in an MGB? How about
a Rover V8 in a roadster? (I think they only came in GT's?). How about
rear tube shocks?  How about rubber bumper to chrome bumper conversion.
Maybe a wooden steering wheel? None of those things ever existed as
production items. Where does it end? Who draws the line and where?

I have a 68-74 BMH body shell. I have to build something on it. I
believe I will have an authentic '68 Canadian spec MKII when I'm done --
Oooppps except for the Moss Supercharger -- now I will agree with you
there, that is a bastardization -- don't you agree? :-)

I think it's really a question of whether you like the pillow dash or
not. Lots of people like the metal dash. For some reason the MKII's in
England and Europe had the metal dash into the early 70's. Wonder why....

Don Malling