Re: MGB Metal dash question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Metal dash question
From: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:38:52 -0800 (PST)
Paul M. SEZ -

> And Ke[l]vin, with all the constant resurfacing relating
> to this string, have you guys ever thought of having a
> metal dash conversion kit made?  Something that would
> either allow the early metal dash to be bolted on to a
> later car, or perhaps a complete new "late" metal
> dash?  I can't imagine it would be THAT expensive to
> have them made.  And if a complete metal dash
> conversion could be had for under $1000 or so, I'd
> think you'd get a decent amount of takers.

I don't want to start a flame war, but I can't for the life
of me understand why anybody would want to...  OK, I'll say it:
b*st*rdize their car in this manner.  I don't hear anybody
talking about putting a 1962 dashboard in his 1975 Corvette,
or some similar project.  Sure, it's all a matter of taste,
and it's the onwer's car and he can do with it what he wants,
but the result is another kludge car that few others besides
the modifying owner will want to own.  What is the appeal
of this modification?

And, as I've said before, I *like* the Abingdon pillow dash.
So have at me!  :-)

--
David Breneman
Distributed Systems Software Analyst

DHL/Airborne Express
3101 Western Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121

Phone:  +1-206-830-4253
Fax:    +1-206-830-4432

david.breneman@dhl.com

(This .sig is greater than 4 lines as mandated by company policy.)