Re: MGB Metal dash question

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Metal dash question
From: "Paul Hunt \(T\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:17:36 -0000
There were few differences between Canada and the USA, cars for those
markets were generally referred to as 'North American' by Clausager,
California had its own differences as well.  Interestingly Japan got the
late model California-spec cars even though they were LHD and Japan is a RHD
country.  The Abingdon pillow was first used for the USA in 67, Canada in
68, Sweden and Germany from 1970, and later Norway.  Clausager mentions the
later padded dash with glovebox under the heading 'North American cars only'
but from other comments it probably included other 'padded dash' markets as
well.  The UK and other markets kept the metal dash until the 76 model year,
but the mounting arrangement of the later plastic dash is very similar to
the earlier metal.  As I understand it the mountings changed considerably
with the Abingdon pillow and later padded dash, whereas the metal dash
mountings stayed much the same for both LHD and RHD cars, so I don't see how
a late metal dash from an LHD or a RHD market would be any different.

PaulH.